Country Kit Homes has built strong relationships with Australia’s largest building supply companies over the many years we have been supplying kit homes. With our national network and relationships, you can trust the quality of our products and the owner building experience we can provide.
We can help give you the courage, and the resources, to build your own home; so you can reap the rewards of owner building. Read more about some of our most trusted brands and suppliers that we love to work with to bring your kit homes to life.
Steel Frames by BlueScope Steel
A house made from steel is an investment in your family’s future. Steel is 100% termite proof. Steel won’t warp, sag or shrink, which reduces the risk of cracked walls, jambed doors, sticking windows, cracked cornice and wavy rooflines.
Why upgrade your home to steel frame?
- Termite resistant and also borer resistant too!
- Larger spans. Think large open living areas and alfresco decks!
- Dimensional stability. Correctly installed steel frames are straight and true so they wont warp, twist, sag or shrink – minimising the chances of jamming doors, sticking windows, cracked cornice, sagging and wavy rooflines.
- Compatibility: Steel frames are compatible with all interior floor, wall and celiing lining materials. Build on a concrete slab or a steel floor system.
- Corrosion resistant
- Super easy to put together. Every wall frame and truss is clearly labelled and numbered for easy assembly.
- Lightweight: One strong person can easily lift an entire wall frame or truss. This means much faster handling on site.
- Services access. Pre punched holes through studs and noggings allow for electrical cables and plumbing to be roughed in without drilling through the frame.
Lysaght is a division of BlueScope in Australia and has been supplying steel building products for residential and commercial projects across Australia for over 150 years.
Through this long history, and as part of Australia’s largest steelmaker, Lysaght is also known for the extensive technical expertise offered by our experienced staff through a network of 25 locations Australia-wide.
Roofing, Fascia and Gutter by COLORBOND
COLORBOND® steel has been Australia’s favourite steel building materials for more than four decades. With COLORBOND® there are many advantages:
- Design with the colours of Australia
- Made for Australian conditions
- Tested and proved for over 45 years
- Thermal efficiency for all-year comfort
- Light weight and strong
Steeline Roofing & Cladding
Steeline’s range is manufactured locally from only genuine BlueScope® steel that is developed to withstand even the harshest Australian conditions.
Steeline is a long standing trusted supplier that deliver great products and excellent customer service.
Bricks by PGH
PGH Bricks & Pavers™ is one of Australia’s largest and most innovative brick makers. PGH Bricks and Pavers™ kiln fire a blend of clay, sand and shale to produce bricks that are as beautiful and enduring as the rich earth they are formed from.
Here are just a few reasons why to choose bricks:
- Sustainable: natural, recyclable and energy efficient
- Temperature control: with proper design, your home will be warm in winter and cool in summer
- Low maintenance: enduring colours so no need to paint
- Design flexibility: whatever the design or colour trend, there is a brick to suit your individual needs
- Acoustic insulation: reduces noise and lets you enjoy a quiet haven
- Durable: Non-combustible, termite resistance
- Cost effective
Duraplank by BGC
- BGC Duraplank™ is designed and manufactured as a plank which is reminiscent of traditional weatherboards both in appearance and installation methods. Duraplank is availaible in both smooth and woodgrain finishes.
- Duraplank™ is not subject to decay, rot or termite damage and is non-combustible. The result is a safer, more durable cladding that requires minimum maintenance.
- Achieves a BAL 29 rating for construction in bushfire prone areas.
- BGC is a proudly Australian owned manufacturer.
Weatherboard by Cemintel or James Hardie
What are the key benefits?
- Resistant to damage from moisture, rotting, termites and fire when installed and maintained correctly to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation
- Good workability
Hebel Panels by CSR
Hebel panels are a steel reinforced, 75 mm thick panel manufactured from Autoclaved Aerated Concrete. Put simply, Hebel is a form of concrete that has been aerated and then steam cured under high pressure. The cell structure created in this process gives the panel many product advantages that are outlined below.
One Hebel panel is equivalent in area to around 72 standard bricks and can be installed in 3 minutes, making it a much quicker installation alternative to bricks or blocks.
A 2.7m long panel weighs less than 70kg and is easily carried and lifted into position by two people. Panels are screwed to installed tophat sections and edge glued with Hebel Adhesive.
Gyprock™ plasterboard linings and Cornice by CSR
For homes, Gyprock™ has developed plasterboard wall and ceiling systems and cornice, that perform on multiple levels. They help meet the safety and lifestyle needs of every room in your home from kitchens and bathrooms to living areas and quiet home theatre rooms. Gyprock™ comes with a Lifetime Guarantee.
Windows by Wideline Windows
Wideline is one of the largest privately owned and operated manufacturers of window and doors in Australia.
Their Customer Commitment and Care Values include:
- Quality Design and manufacture using the very latest techniques and technology
- Quality Control at every stage
- Exceeding the standards of relevant Australian building authorities
- Research and development that allows us to be at the forefront of design and innovation
- Value for money
- Backing our products with a 7 year written guarantee
- Being in touch with their customer needs and expectations
- Windows are continually tested by the Council of National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) to give you peace of mind
Doors by Hume Doors
Hume Doors and Timber is 100% Australian owned and supplies products with a renowned reputation for quality, affordability and functional design, all covered with a five year conditional guarantee.
- 100% Australian owned timber door manufacture
- Embracing environmental awareness, protection and enhancement
- Utilising recycled products where possible
We love the reaping the benefits of a huge building materials network all over Australia to bring you our favourite brands at much more affordable delivery prices than if we tried to ship it all from our head office at Emu Plains.